Netgear is a trustworthy and reliable company providing internet access to a wide user base with its routers. However, it is not trouble proof. You will get a few problems from time to time. But there is no need to worry about it. Every problem has a solution unless it is a hardware problem. Most of the problems will be solved by restarting the router. Here is the proper sequence to restart.
- You must turn off and unplug the modem.
- Now, you must turn off the router.
- Now, plug in the modem and turn it on.
- Now, you have to wait for two minutes.
- Turn on the router and wait for two minutes.
Hopefully, your problem will be solved. If your problem is still present, then you must do the following.
- You must check Ethernet cable connections.
- You must check Wi-Fi settings.
- You must check network settings.
If you cannot log-in to the router
To troubleshoot the Netgear Nighthawk router’s log-in problem, you must do the following.
- You must check Ethernet connections between the computer and the router.
- You must make sure the IP address of the computer in on the same subset of the router.
- You must check the connection from the computer to the router and reboot your computer.
- You can try quitting the browser and relaunching.
- Make sure the caps lock is off.
- You must check your log-in detail for correction.
- You may be using the wrong configuration. So, check the configuration again.
Troubleshooting with internet browsing
If you have obtained an IP address and still cannot access the internet, then the following may be the reasons.
- Your traffic meter is enabled and you have reached the limit. That’s why you must configure traffic meter not to block the access.
- Your computer is not recognizing the DNS server. That’s why you have to manually enter the DNS server.
- Your router is not configured as a default gateway for your computer. So, reboot your computer and verify the router’s address as the default gateway.
- You might be using a log-in software that might not be necessary. So, go to the internet explorer and select tools, then go to internet options. After that, you must select connections and set “Never dial a connection.” Other browser offers similar settings.
For more similar router detailed guides you can visit techwarior.
If changes are not saved
If your router does not save the changes on the router webpage, then you must do the following.
- You must always click on the “Apply” button while configuration.
- You must click the “Refresh” or “Reload” button. It is possible that changes occur but the old settings are still in the browser’s cache.
Troubleshoot Wi-Fi Connectivity
If there is trouble connecting through the Wi-Fi, then you must isolate the problem.
- Does your device find the Wi-Fi connection? If not, then you must reboot the Wi-Fi button. If you have hidden the Wi-Fi, then you must enable SSID broadcast.
- Does your device support the security you are using for your Wi-Fi like WPA or WPA2?
If the signal strength is weak, then do the following.
- Your router is too far from the device or too close to the device. You must place your device at least 1.6 meters from the router.
- There may be an object that is blocking the signal. So, you must put the object away from the blockade.
We have described some troubleshooting tips from Netgear routers. Hopefully, you may have found your solution. But if you are still missing the solution, then you must read through the router’s manual. It would be a great resource. That’s all we can suggest. Have a good day